Forging Your Future in the International School
International Students and Overseas Chinese Students Admission Prospectus
for Undergraduate Programs of 2021 Autumn Intake
ⅠMethods of Admission
Exemption from Entrance Examinations and Admission
To satisfy the requirements for entrance to Jinan University, all the applicants are required to
(1) have a written record of good conduct and good health.
(2) have graduated from an overseas senior high school or reached the equivalent level of education;
(3) for overseas Chinese applicants and foreign students of Chinese origin, have been recommended by the nearest Chinese Embassy (Consulate) or Office of thechargé d'affairesor by any member of overseas Chinese Organizations, overseas Chinese schools, or any respected members from overseas Chinese circles;
(4) for foreign students, apply through application in person with two teachers as referees;
(5) have scored Grade 5 (overall score of 180) or above in HSK if applying for programs instructed in the Chinese language; non-native English-speaking applicants applying for programs taught in English have to satisfy one of the following requirements:
IELTS: overall score of 5.5 (with no band lower than 5)
TOEFL IBT:overall score of 80
SAT:overall score of 1030
1. Online application form.
The Online Application Form can be found at https:// lxlz.jnu.edu.cn. This must be word-processed, printed and signed.
2. The following documents have to be submitted to the Admissions Office.
(a) Online application Form.
(b) A copy ofcurrent passport.
(c) For overseas Chinese students, originally notarized and authenticated certificate issued by the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) to certify the holders' obtainment of long-term or permanent right of residence in a foreign country for over five years is required.
(d) A senior high school diploma, grade reports for each school year and final/latest academic transcript(s) / examination results (all of them should be notarized by the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate).
(e)Public examination results in detail e.g. IB, IGCSE, including in the case of GCEAL / AS level, the Statement of Results which shows the numerical scores achieved.
(f) Language report (for example, HSK, IELTS or TOEFL).
(g) Personal statement (Self-introduction).
(h) Two reference letters, to be completed by your school principal or teacher (in the case the reference letter is given to you by your school in a sealed envelope).
＊All non-Chinese and non-English school reports and diplomas should be translated into either Chinese and notarized by Chinese Embassy or Consulate.
＊After submitting the application online, applicant is required to submit a hard copy of the above materials. Address for receiving application material: No.601,Huangpu Avenue West, Guangzhou ,Guangdong Province, China. Postcode: 510632.
3. The registration period: April 15 to July 15, 2021
Ⅲ Entrance Scholarship
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
Applicants who want to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship, please go to
http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua for more information.
2. Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship Program
This program has been set up to support international students from different countries or regions who are applying for undergraduate admission to JNU. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merits as well as consideration of non-academic achievements.
3. Jinan University Outstanding Scholarship
This scholarship has been set up by Jinan University to be awarded to full-time foreign students and overseas Chinese who have excellent school performances. The most outstanding students can get RMB 15,000 to 30,000 scholarships for the first academic year. There are RMB 120,000 to 180,000 scholarships for the best students during their 4 to 6 academic years.
1. Application Fee: RMB 500 / person.
2.Tuition Fee: (RMB / yr)
Economics & Trade,
Food Science &
Computer Science &
3.Accommodation Expense (RMB/ yr):
The above costs are subject to the appraisal of the Price Bureau of Guangdong Province.
Undergraduate Programs in International School
Length of Schooling (Yrs)
International Economics and Trade
Computer Science and Technology
Food Science and Engineering
Note: Place of registration is subject to change, please follow the admission notice.
Admissions Office, Jinan University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, P.R.China
Tel: 86-20-8522 0130, Fax: 86-20-8522 1340,
Click Programs Overview 2021.pdf for more program information.